17 nov 2010

After performing for TRY OUT..

The dutch version is published in the "Euritmie Krant": a newspaper for eurythmysts, directed by Imke Jelle van Dam.


Last 9th october, Doorways (Patricia van der Molen, Peer Westerink and Elisa Martinuzzi) presented for Try Out two new pieces: “Autumn's reflexes” and “EpePa”. I was asked by Imke Jelle van Dam to write something about the public reactions and my personal reflections on my solo piece “Autumn's reflexes”. I had already performed this piece for a dance festival in Rotterdam but still not for a public accustomed with eurythmy, which was quite scarring me! Through this solo, I explored and stretched the borders of eurythmy, the codified eurythmical gestures are hidden and contaminated by my own felt personal interpretation and dramaturgy. What is it what I am doing? Can I define it as eurythmy? For the public seemed not an interesting question.. Beyond definitions, for many people it was an individualized form of art, it was sincere “work in progress”, it was genuine and felt from the inside. I also received very interesting reactions about the relationship between space and body movement: “you were very present in your instrument, but not as much in space”... what is it to really be able to fulfil space? These is the main topic I want to focus on in the further development of this piece. I want to reach deeper into my inner relationship to my movement/voice and, from there, develop roots and branches anchoring in space. I am very thankful about the many student's reactions, willing to find also their personal, individual truth in relation to eurythmy and all the people who are encouraging me to pursue my research.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten